Write for us
We're always looking for fresh ideas and new voices, so if you've got an idea that you think the world needs to hear, we'd love to help you to turn it into a book. This page will help you to put together a book proposal for us to consider.
What sort of books we're looking for
We aim to publish books which are of general interest to Christians; we want books which are well researched and well written but with a popular rather than academic focus. We won't normally consider biographies, histories or fictional stories. We prefer books about Christian life, discipleship, leadership, and the Bible.
What sort of proposals we're looking for
Your proposal is your chance to sell us your book idea. We expect to work with you to develop the proposal to give you the best chance of seeing good sales, so don't worry about getting everything perfect first time, particularly if English is not your first language. On the other hand, it is an opportunity for us to see your writing style and get a flavour for your ideas. It needs to be clear, well laid out and easily understandible.
We also expect it to tell us certain things about your book idea:
- Proposed title
- We expect this to change as we work with you, but we need something which encapsulates your whole idea.
- Brief description
- This should be about five hundred words and tell us what the book is going to be about.
- What sort of people will be reading your book?
- Chapter structure
- Show us what will go in each chapter and what length you expect each chapter to be. We will work with you on this but we will want to see that you have thought about the structure of you book and also that you are likely to have enough material to cover.
- Writing schedule
- How long is it going to take you to write this, and how will you approach it?
- Personal statement
- Tell us about yourself and why you're writing this book; also tell us about the kind of experience that you have which has prepared you for the book.
If you want a great guide to writing a book proposal, O'Reilly's guide to writing computer books comes very close to what we're looking for.
Submitting your proposal
Once your proposal is complete, email it to email@example.com. We'll get back to you and hope to work with you from there!